Arthritis is a big problem in Australia. It affects nearly four million people of all ages, including 6,000 kids.
I live with Rheumatoid Arthritis a Chronic Inflammatory Autoimmune Disease.
Arthritis is among the leading causes of chronic pain and disability and it costs the health system more than $5.5 billion a year.
Yet too many people with arthritis are struggling to cope with their condition. We need programs to provide better care and support, but people with arthritis are too often overlooked and ignored and left to cope with their condition alone.
As someone with arthritis, I can speak from personal experience.
- I live with chronic Pain(from the Rheumatoid Arthritis and also Fibromyalgia which affects me from head to Toe),
- Daily Fatigue,
- Stiff joints
- Dry Eyes,
- Blurred Vision
- Flu Like Symptoms,
- Brain Fog(Cognitive Dysfunction),
- TMJ(Tempormandibulor Joint Disorder)
- Gastroesophagal Reflux Disease(GORD),
- High Blood Pressure
- skin Rash
- Weight changes
The Autoimmune form of Arthritis that I live with can also affect the organs of the body.
Apart from the Arthritis component Rheumatatoid Arthritis is part of a more complex Disease including many other symptoms as I have listed above.
Myself and other patients living with these diseases of all forms of Arthritis (there are over 100) need more comittments from the governments of this country to help and support us.
Please commit to:
1) Funding specialist nurses to provide care and support to the 1.4 million Australians with inflammatory and auto-immune forms of arthritis
2) Programs to support better care for people with osteoarthritis. These programs will actually help to save the health system money.
3) Boost arthritis research. Government funding for arthritis research is lower than, and falling behind, research funding for other major chronic conditions. There is no funding at all for research into juvenile arthritis
My question is MP’s of Australia Will you commit to better support for people with arthritis?
To my readers who live with Arthritis please follow the link and add your personal parts to the letter then email to your local MP’s ➡️Take Action #Speakup4Arthritis #MakeADifference #GetourVoicesHeard #ChronicIllnesscommunity